Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Wind Rivers Pictures!

Here are some pictures from Sarah and my vacation a few weeks ago to the Wind Rivers. Enjoy! We spent a week ~15 miles into the backcountry, climbing and fishing. I'll try and hold my tongue and just include captions to tell the story.

Hiking into the East fork valley. We camped at the base of these mountains.


The view down the valley. Our camp was roughly at the end of the lake in the picture. We climbed on a sub peak of the steep mountain on the right.


Fishing! I hit a new record - over 50 fish in a day. Here's Sarah as we cooked our lunch.



A view from a rise near our camp. This is the backside of an area called the Cirque of the Towers, which I visited in 2005.



Alpenglow in the morning on the way to a climb.


One of the buttresses that we climbed. Sarah and I took a route up the center right, climbing up the large corner about halfway up.


A close-up shot of the corner, taken while we were climbing it by a friend at camp. Can you spot Jeff and Sarah? (Click on the picture to enlarge it.)


Sarah climbing.


Another shot of Sarah.


On our last day, we awoke to a massive rainstorm, and hiked a soggy 14 miles out. Our friends took this picture of camp the next morning - snow! I'm glad we hiked out when we did.


We arrived at our car to find a flat tire. Yuck. 110 miles later, we found an open Wal-Mart in Riverton, WY, and got the tire changed. Go donut!

2 comments:

The Kidde Woodward Family said...

WOW. What amazing mountains. So cool. Hope your birthday was swell! xo mik

Steve and Jan said...

Spectacular scenery and photos, Jeff. Definitely a memorable trip--Steve